State Fire Marshal's Office
State Fire Marshal's Office
1005 Technology Park Drive
Richmond, VA 23059
State Fire Marshal’s Office Information Bulletin
CODES and STANDARDS NEWS
- Update to G-3 Dry Sprinkler Memo
- G-3 Memo to Building & Fire Officials
- State Fire Marshal’s Office Fee Change
- Firesafe Cigarette Certification
Central Sprinkler Company, an affiliate of Tyco Fire Products LP, of Lansdale, Pa. has announced that the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has approved their request to end the glass bulb sprinkler replacement program.
Virginia State Fire Marshal
Charles E. Altizer, P.E.
The mission of the Virginia State Fire Marshal’s Office (SFMO) is to provide safety to life and property from fire for the citizens of the Commonwealth.
To accomplish this mission, the SFMO:
- utilizes inspectors and engineers to complete fire safety inspections in localities that do not have their own fire code official;
- conducts building plan reviews for fire safety measures;
- conducts construction inspections for fire safety systems in state buildings;
- provides assistance to local building and fire code officials; and
- responds to complaints and questions from private citizens.
Many of Virginia’s larger urban localities have their own local fire official. Questions or complaints in those localities should be directed to the local fire official.
Additional Information on the State Fire Marshal’s Office:
- State Fire Marshal’s Office Programs
- Explosives and Fireworks Programs
- State Fire Marshal Regional Offices
- State Fire Marshal’s Pyrotechnician Certification Program
Please keep in mind that permits issued by the State Fire Marshal's Office for explosives are not applicable in localities enforcing the Virginia Statewide Fire Prevention Code (SFPC). If a locality has a fire official, then the permit has to be obtained from the local official. A list of local officials is available on the 'State Fire Marshal's Office Programs' page under " Publications."
For more information, e-mail: email@example.com or call (804) 371-0220.
- Virginia Fire Prevention Association
- Virginia Fire Chief’s Association
- Virginia Building Code Officials Association
- Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development
- Free viewing of the complete set of Virginia Building and Fire Codes
- 2006 Virginia Pipeline Safety Conference Presentation
- Central/TYCO Sprinkler Replacement Program Identification Brochure
- Central/Tyco Sprinkler Replacement Program Information Bulletin
- Fire Safety Tips for Day Care Centers
- Fire Safety Tips for Dormitories
- Fire Safety Tips for Nightclubs
- Fire Safety Tips for Public and Private Schools
- Fire Safety Tips for Hospitals
- Fire Safety Tips for Residential Adult Care Facilities
- Fire Safety Tips for Winter Heating and Holidays *Under Revision*
- Local Fire Official Certification Information
- Recalled Items list
- Virginia Statewide Fire Prevention Code
- Virginia Fire Safety Regulations
- Fire Prevention Self-Help Checklist Guide