The 2019 Virginia Fallen Firefighters & EMS Memorial Service
**View the Memorial Service livestream. The Service will begin at noon.**
The 22nd annual Virginia Fallen Firefighters & Emergency Medical Services Memorial Service will be held at 12 p.m. on Saturday, June 1, 2019 at the Richmond International Raceway Complex, Main Exhibition Hall. This event is open to the public.
This year’s Memorial Service honors seven (7) individuals who have been recognized in the Virginia Line of Duty Act in 2018 for their bravery and dedication to the citizens of the Commonwealth.
- Fire Marshal John Jennings, Jr. — Bedford County Fire and Rescue
- Firefighter/Paramedic W. Marshall Perry, Jr. — Norfolk Fire-Rescue
- Lieutenant William Powell — Gordonsville Volunteer Fire Company
- Lieutenant James Kegley, Jr. — Hanover County Fire-EMS
- Firefighter William Stover — Hot Springs Volunteer Fire Association
- Captain Anthony R. Whetzel — Rockingham County Department of Fire and Rescue
- Lieutenant Brad Clark — Hanover County Fire-EMS
The Memorial Service Lineup
The Memorial Service will include a keynote address, a Virginia Fire Services Honor Guard procession, a musical performance, and a fire and EMS apparatus display from departments throughout the Commonwealth. State flags will be presented to the families of the fallen. A reception immediately following the Memorial Service will be held for family members and guests.
The Service and reception are open to the public. In addition, the names of each 2019 Honoree will be added to the Virginia Public Safety Memorial Wall in Richmond.
- General Information: For more information on the Virginia Fallen Firefighters & EMS Memorial Service, contact VDFP PIO Vanessa Copeland at (804) 249-1986 or Vanessa.Copeland@vdfp.virginia.gov.
- Honor Guard Participation: Individuals or departments interested in Honor Guard participation should contact Memorial Service Committee Member Toby Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sending Apparatus: If your department is interested in sending apparatus to the Memorial Service, please contact Memorial Service Committee Member April Elmore at April.Elmore@currituckcountync.gov.