The public is hereby placed upon notice that failure to pay in full at the time goods or services are rendered or within 30 days of invoice billing will result in the imposition of interest at the rate of 0.75% per month (9% per annum) on the unpaid balance. Returned checks will incur a handling fee of $35. Accounts less than $3,000 that are not collected within 59 days of invoice billing will be sent to a third-party collection agency. Accounts $3,000 or greater that are not collected within 59 days of invoice billing will be sent to the Office of the Attorney General (OAG) for resolution and/or collection. If the matter is referred for collection to an attorney or to a collection agency, the debtor will be liable for attorney’s fees or additional collection fees up to 15% of the then unpaid balance. Requesting goods or services will be deemed to be acceptance of these terms.
Forms of Payment – The Virginia Department of Fire Programs will accept only the following forms of payment:
- Cash or credit card to be rendered at the time merchandise is provided. Credit will not be extended to individual customers; payment is due at time of purchase.
- Purchase orders (PO) for companies and government entities as a secured promise to pay. If POs cannot be provided at the time merchandise is delivered, cash or credit card are the only accepted forms of payment. Invoice billings for payment due within 30 days will only be issued when a valid PO is provided.
Accounts that are delinquent by 60 days or more that have been sent to collections or to the OAG will be tracked on a delinquency list. Delinquent accounts may be refused future goods/services unless paying with cash or credit card for the current transaction, and/or unless the delinquent amount due has been paid in full and the account made current.
VDFP & OEMS ships bookstore orders through this Webstore to the continental United States only. International orders or orders to Alaska or Hawaii must be placed directly with the Agency by completing the bookstore order form (pdf fillable format) or phoning the VDFP Bookstore at 804/249-1976. All payments must be remitted in US dollars only.
Online store prices include packaging and handling only.
- Credit Cards
- Acceptable cards: MasterCard and VISA.
- We DO NOT accept: American Express (personal or Corporate), Discover, and any other cards not listed above.
- Cash or checks are not accepted by the online store.
- If you prefer to pay by cash or check, you may place an order in the tradition manner or by walk-in.
- COD (Collect on Delivery)
- COD shipments cannot be made. Payment must accompany all orders.
- Purchase Orders
- We DO NOT accept purchase orders for products purchased from the On-line Bookstore.
Orders are sent by United Parcel Service (UPS) from:
Virginia Department of Fire Programs
1005 Technology Park Drive
Glen Allen, Virginia 23059
- Orders will be filled upon receipt of confirmed payment through Veri-sign.
- Out-of-state orders: ship upon receipt of verified payment
Orders may be cancelled within 10 days of the order date. Contact the VDFP Bookstore with your request. Refunds should be made within 30 days
Refund of purchase amounts minus shipping will be made if the items are received in the Bookstore within 90 days of purchase date.