§ 9.1-202. Virginia Fire Services Board; membership; terms; compensation.
Each of the organizations represented shall submit names for the Governor’s consideration in making these appointments.
Purpose: The Virginia Fire Services Board within the Virginia Department of Fire Programs shall have the responsibility for promoting the coordination of the efforts of fire service organizations at the state and local levels.
- How to become a Virginia Fire Services Board Member
- Apply Now
- The appointment process is handled by the Secretary of the Commonwealth, please contact their office for additional information.
Board Committees and Subcommittee
Committees: The are four (4) standing committees on the Virginia Fire Services Board who serve at the pleasure of the Chairman of the Board. The Chairman of the Board shall appoint the Chair and members of all committees, except that the Vice-Chairman of the Board will be Chair of Administration, Policy and Finance.
- Committee on Administration, Policy and Finance;
- Committee on Fire Education and Training;
- Committee on Fire Prevention and Control and;
- Live Structure Committee.
Standing Subcommittee. There is one (1) standing subcommittee on the Virginia Fire Services Board. The Chairman of the Board appoints the Chair and members of the subcommittees. All subcommittee appointees shall serve at the pleasure of the Chairman of the Board.