VDFP Launches New Learning Management System, Cornerstone OnDemand
April 23, 2020 – The Virginia Department of Fire Programs (VDFP) announced today the launch of its highly anticipated online, learning management system, Cornerstone OnDemand.
Over 40,000 fire service professionals in Virginia have access to the cloud-based system that is equipped with a dynamic search feature and events calendar to easily locate VDFP training offerings throughout the Commonwealth.
VDFP is taking a phased approach to implementing many features in Cornerstone OnDemand. The system unveiling is Phase 1. Users are encouraged to learn about Cornerstone OnDemand’s self-service features: registration, profile changes, searchable events calendar, and access to student training guides and instructor resources.
Before you log in for the first time, watch our Welcome Orientation Video.
*If you have taken, registered for, or completed a VDFP training from November 2, 2019- April 1, 2020 you already have an account in Cornerstone OnDemand. You will not need to create a new account.
VDFP is encouraging new users to do the following after the initial login:
- Check your user name and profile.
- Browse the Cornerstone OnDemand home page to become familiar with its features, and new look and feel.
- Review the Terms & Icons guide for a quick overview of the differences between Cornerstone OnDemand and FSTRS.
- Upload your FSTRS transcript. This step is critical as you begin to register for new courses (sessions) that have pre-requisites.
VDFP is kicking off CSOD Office Hours – Online next week for stakeholders who prefer a visual walkthrough of Cornerstone OnDemand, followed by a Q&A session. Register on the CSOD page.
Phases 2 and 3 of the Cornerstone OnDemand implementation will be determined and announced at a later date. Visit the CSOD Page for updates.
VDFP Earns Pro Board Re-Accreditation with 23 Certification Courses
RICHMOND – April 16, 2020 – The Virginia Department of Fire Programs (VDFP) announced today its accreditation renewal with Pro Board, which solidifies 23 certification courses for the state training agency. VDFP is one of 70 agencies accredited by Pro Board throughout the world and is the accrediting body for fire service professionals in Virginia.
Pro Board accreditation is a rigorous process that entails an agency self-study within the submission of an application package. After the Pro Board application review, a committee conducts a site visit to review testing and certification processes. The result is a report that is reviewed for an accreditation decision.
“We are beaming with pride to have earned reaccreditation with Pro Board and add newly- accredited courses to our training program offerings. The news couldn’t have come at a better time, as we are currently working on our post-COVID-19 training recovery plan,” said VDFP Executive Director Michael Reilly. “This is also an achievement that will benefit Virginia’s Fire Service in upskilling or maintaining credentials to enhance performance and service delivery in the field.”
In February, VDFP announced 16 courses accredited by the International Fire Services Accreditation Congress (IFSAC). IFSAC is the accrediting body that recognizes and standardizes competencies in fire and emergency services programs worldwide.
|1. NFPA Standard – 1001: Edition – 2013, Chapter 5 Fire Fighter I
2. NFPA Standard – 1001: Edition – 2013, Chapter 6 Fire Fighter II
3. NFPA Standard – 1002: Edition – 2017, Chapter 5 Apparatus Equipped with Fire Pump
4. NFPA Standard – 1002: Edition – 2017, Chapter 6 Apparatus Equipped with an Aerial Device
5. NFPA Standard – 1003: Edition – 2015, Chapter 4 Airport Fire Fighter
6. NFPA Standard – 1005: Edition – 2014, Chapter 4 Marine Fire Fighter
7. NFPA Standard – 1021: Edition – 2014, Chapter 4 Fire Officer I
8. NFPA Standard – 1021: Edition – 2014, Chapter 5 Fire Officer II
9. NFPA Standard – 1021: Edition – 2014, Chapter 6 Fire Officer III
10. NFPA Standard – 1021: Edition – 2014, Chapter 7 Fire Officer IV
11. NFPA Standard – 1031: Edition – 2014, Chapter 4 Fire Inspector I
12. NFPA Standard – 1031: Edition – 2014, Chapter 5 Fire Inspector II
13. NFPA Standard – 1033: Edition – 2014, Chapter 4 Fire Investigator
14. NFPA Standard – 1035: Edition – 2015, Fire and Life Safety Educator I
15. NFPA Standard – 1035: Edition – 2015, Fire and Life Safety Educator II
16. NFPA Standard – 1041: Edition – 2012, Chapter 4 Instructor I
17. NFPA Standard – 1041: Edition – 2012, Chapter 5 Instructor II
18. NFPA Standard – 1041: Edition – 2012, Chapter 6 Instructor III
|1. NFPA Standard – 1072: Edition – 2017, Awareness
2. NFPA Standard – 1072: Edition – 2017, Operations
3. NFPA Standard – 1072: Edition – 2017, Operations Mission-Specific 6.2
4. NFPA Standard – 1072: Edition – 2017, Operations Mission-Specific 6.6
5. NFPA Standard – 1521: Edition – 2015, Chapter 5 Incident Safety Officer