The 2021 Virginia Fallen Firefighters & EMS Memorial Service
The 24th annual Virginia Fallen Firefighters & Emergency Medical Services Memorial Service will be held at 12 p.m. on Saturday, June 5, 2021 at the Richmond International Raceway Complex, Main Exhibition Hall. Due to the fluidity of COVID-19 protocols, this event is limited in attendance to Honoree families and respective fire departments. It is not open to the public.
We experienced technical difficulties with the livestream on Saturday. Click here to watch the recording of the Memorial Service.
This year’s Memorial Service will honor Fallen Firefighters who have been recognized in the Virginia Line of Duty Act in 2019 and 2020 for their bravery and dedication to the citizens of the Commonwealth. In 2020, the Memorial Service was cancelled due to the onset of COVID-19.
2020 & 2021 Honorees
- Dennis Lynn Brent – Charlottesville Fire Department
- Tommie Lee Collier – Crozet Fire Department
- Vivian Thomas Crawford – Scruggs Volunteer Fire and Rescue
- John Ross Laronda – Altavista Volunteer Fire Company
- Owen Lee Lewis, Jr. – Rocky Mount Volunteer Fire Department
- Rubin O’Neal Lineberry, Jr. – Dublin Volunteer Fire Department
- Joseph A. Mary – Richmond Department of Fire and Emergency Services
- William H. Moore IV – Amelia County Volunteer Fire Department
- Kenneth Wesley Smith – Madison County Volunteer Fire Company
- Robert Jacob Thomas – Fieldale Volunteer Fire Department
- Eddie T. Vick – Stony Creek Volunteer Fire Department/Sussex County
- Charles C. Woods – Adwolfe Volunteer Fire Department
About the 2021 Memorial Service
The Memorial Service will include a keynote address, a Virginia Fire Services Honor Guard procession, a musical performance, and a fire and EMS apparatus display from departments throughout the Commonwealth. State flags will be presented to the families of the fallen.
- General Information: For more information on the Virginia Fallen Firefighters & EMS Memorial Service, contact VDFP PIO Vanessa Copeland at (804) 249-1986 or Vanessa.Copeland@vdfp.virginia.gov.
- Sending Apparatus: If your department is interested in sending apparatus to the Memorial Service, please contact Memorial Service Committee Member Floyd Greene at email@example.com.